Endometrial or Uterine Ablation
What is the Endometrial Lining?
- The layer of cells which is normally shed with menstruation
- Grows back every month
- May grow abnormally as a result of premenopausal fluctuations of estrogen and progesterone and lead to irregular bleeding or menorrhagia
What is Endometrial Ablation?
- Procedure which eliminates the endometrial lining
- Dr. Zilberstein uses a device that is FDA-approved to treat menorrhagia or patient-perceived heavy menses.
- NOVASURE is
The device employs a radiofrequency to eliminate the the lining. It is performed in the office under local anesthesia.
- The procedure is extremely safe.
- It takes 90 seconds
- 95% of women remain satisfied with the results.
- Helps avoid hysterectomy as a treatment for heavy or irregular periods
Endometrial ablation refers to the procedure which eliminates the endometrial lining. When a woman is no longer interested in fertility, endometrial ablation is used to treat these menstrual problems. With the help of a careful physical examination and medical history, Dr. Zilberstein identifies the right candidates for endometrial ablation. This procedure helps to avoid hysterectomy in 97% of appropriate candidates.